Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random things about me

I decided to share a few random things about me:

1. I can't stand sitting still for very long. I get very fidgety and my mind starts to go 100 miles an hour. My personality is not one that loves to sit and relax a lot (although sometimes I wish it was).

2. I can listen to the same song over and over and not get sick of it. If I find a new song I like, I will listen to it a lot (that is not exaggeration.)
I have a new song I love now that I listen to the whole time I work out (crazy I know). I end up listening to the song so much that I eventually get sick of it and then never listen to it again.

3. When I was a little girl I used to lick my brothers deodorant- sad but very true. Who knows what got in my head and made me think that was fun. Luckily this extremely odd habit did not lost for long. Now to think of it makes me sick,especially to think that the deodorant was used- yuck!

4. When Max was in 3rd grade I realized he forgot to brush his teeth. I jumped into the car and made him brush his teeth in the bus line. He then had to spit out his toothpaste in the gutter. He looked at me and said what the heck mom- I did not realize that was a pretty embarrasing moment for him. I guess in the future I had just better let him go with stinky breathe. You would think that would be more embarrasing, but not to an 8 year old.

5. I can count the number of zits I have had in my whole lifetime (35 years) on one hand. Let's just hope it stays that way.

6. I absolutely hate soggy things. I used to only put 3 drops of syrup on my pancake so it would not get soggy. I have gotten a little more lienant with my syrup but not much.

7. I heard someone say the other day that their spirit wants to go 100 miles an hour but with physical limitations they can only go 25 miles an hour. When I heard that I thought it was well put. That is pretty true to me. The difference is I should only be going 75 miles an hour but still think I can do 120. I sure do pay for it with my back and head. Hopefully one day I will learn.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to add one more:
    When I get hungery I will start to eat/pick at the food even if we are only seconds away from blessing it and digging in. Oh and don't mess with me if we are trying to find somewhere to eat while on vacation...I will snap at you if we don't quickly find a place to eat :).

    That is one quirk we love to tease you about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, Nate said they were talking about blogs at work yesterday, so we checked yours out. It's been fun reading up about your family and licking deodorant. :) You are hilarious. BTW, good work on the Broncos lockers. They look so cool!

    ReplyDelete