Sunday, February 27, 2011

Boys

I am a mom of 2 crazy and very active boys. The first time Max had to get stitches I was alone and realized how unprepared we were. It was a Saturday and I had no clue what offices were open. I quickly found a doctors office that was open and took Max to get stitches right below his eyebrow. After this I got a little more prepared. I made a list of all the local doctors office and the hours of operation (especially weekend hours). That list ended up coming into great use. We used it many times and finally had the insta-care hours memorized. We visited it many more times with Asher's ear infections (always on Sunday) and 2 more sets of stitches.

Asher was at a party yesterday and I had a knock on the door saying he was hit with a bat. I went over to check on him and he was being a trooper. He got hit across the cheek bone with an aluminum bat. I was telling Nelson that he was going to have a good bruise. Nelson said that I can make things sound worse than they really are. I am telling you- I was not exagerating, he got hit pretty good. Here is a picture of Asher and his face (a picture never shows how good it really looks)
















After spending sometime observing himself in the mirror he said "mom I look creepy and I am sure the girls won't play with me at school." That is too funny he is worrying about the girls. Good news is nothing was broken and we will get to watch his face change many colors during the week. Glad to know it will go away. The poor family felt so bad. Thing is it has not slowed Asher down at all.
I am a mom of boys- what else should I expect.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! It looks like it hurts...poor kid. Must have been quite the birthday party :) Cheree

    ReplyDelete