Today while I was at church some points of parenting hit me. I sure have my moments where I lose my cool and would say I am less then a stellar parent. But I was thinking of the things that come with parenting that bring just absolute joy:
1. Accomplishment- watching your 9 year old who has not made one basket his whole basketball season. When he finally does, the grin that is permantently glued to his face. I am not sure whose grin was bigger mine or his. It brings great joy to see my kids work hard and feel the rewards and experience the accomplishment. No matter the size of the accomplishment.
2. Warm heart- First time you hear your kids say that their heart feels happy or warm because they were touched by the spirit. You know they are starting to learn and grow more and more in the gospel.
3. Knowledge- It amazes me how my kids can recall scripture stories off the top of their head when I on the other hand have to read the back to remember what is happening. What joy to hold onto hoping it will strengthen them for their teenage years.
4. The biggest joy is watching them grow and learn from their experiences. To grasp and understand pieces of why we are really here on earth.
These joys make me remember/realize how lucky I am to be a mom and most of all how blessed I am to have these wonderful kids in my home. I just hope I can continue to lead them in the right direction without messing them up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment