I have joked many times that when I was in Heaven and Heavenly Father was passing out talents I was off in the corner goofing off. I am not sure how each of us really got our talents but that is how I like to imagine it. I can just imagine myself off talking to one of my good friends up there not even noticing something was going on. When it comes to talents I am not sure what happened. Especially anything that is domestic.
Cooking- I am not the greatest cook. As Nelson pointed out I cook because we have to eat, if we did not eat we would die. Cooking to me is more like survival of the fittest. My personal motto- if it takes longer than 30 minutes than it is not worth having. I am not a huge fan of spending lots of time in the kitchen.
Musical talent- I am not the greatest singer. We all know that I can't even attempt to carry a tune. When my own kids tell me to not sing, you know it is bad.
When we are traveling Nelson and I play a game where you have to hum a song for the other person to guess. I even resort to singing the words and Nelson still can't guess what I am singing, it is that bad.
I played the piano for many years when I was younger, but don't remember a thing.
Creativity- I am not the craftiest person. I look around and it amazes me how talented people are. Where do they come up with some of these amazing ideas. My brain can't think up things like that. I can copy the ideas of these amzing people but there is no way I can come up with them myself.
As I sit back and think of talents- I would say I don't have the "traditional" talents like most. If it is anything based around domestic- then I am very challenged. But that is ok, it does not bother me. As I think about it one talent I do have is organization. I can organize things well. It helps to keep my day as productive as possible. Maybe that is what I was doing up in heaven- making sure everything was organized as it needed to be ( ha ha).
It will be fun to see what talents I improve or gain over the years.
I feel the same way about my talents. It seems like everyone else I know possesses at least one of those amazing talents. You have a lot of talents. They may not be so tangible, but I think the unseen are the better ones to have anyway:) I'm not around you very much, but I think you are very outgoing, and have a great ability to make anyone you talk to whether you know them or not feel comfortable and welcome.
ReplyDelete