Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentines

Our Valentines started out with a nice warm breakfast made by me. I decided to make pancakes and eggs. It would have been good if I would have stopped there. No I decided in the spirit of Valentines it would be fun to dye the food colors. Instead we had red eggs (which were really suppose to be pink), and pink pancakes (which were suppose to be red). I will say the red eggs were pretty gross looking. I think we will skip coloring the eggs next time, but it was a fun way to start the day.

Nelson and I have never really been into Valentines day. We look at it that we should show our love for our families everyday not go over board on that one crazy day. I have told him that if he spends money on flowers I would not be too happy. I would much rather have a shirt or something that lasts longer.

We spent our day together a bit of a non traditional way. The weather had been nice for a week so we decided to load up the mountain bikes and take the family biking. We thought we were never going to be able to leave because people kept stopping by for church stuff. When we finally headed out we were sad to find the trails were not as dry as we hoped. We were able to bike a bit on the trails but then headed to the park way. We had the kids climb a few hills for practice. We all had a great time being together. The kids decided that when the weather gets better they want to go once a week. I hope we stick to that and actually do it. It was a way fun way to spend our day.

After we stopped at Ogden Pizzaria. It was fun but we spent most of our time jumping up to check on the bikes. We wanted to make sure our bikes did not get stolen. It was one of the best ways we have spent Valentines!!

The kids getting ready to head out on the trails

No comments:

Post a Comment