Sunday, February 20, 2011

Card Collection

When Nelson and I were first married we each had our personal belongings. Each got put in different places. One of Nelson's was a medium size box of football cards. Every time I have deep cleaned or we have moved that box has been dusted off and put back in its same place. Well after almost twelve years that box has really been dusted off. That collection has been pulled out and looked at many times by our 9 year old son. It is no longer Nelson's stuff it is now "ours" as Max puts it.

I never realized until last night that card collecting was really a hobby for Nelson when he was younger. That was something he really enjoyed to do. While we were doing our weekly visits to the grandparents Nelson went in his parents basement and found another box of cards. I did not even realize there were more. Now this box is rather large and jam packed with cards. I wish I had a camera at that point to capture Max's face. He was so excited to look at all those cards. We are now not the proud owners of some cards, it is of hundreds and hundreds of cards.

Who would have known that Nelson's hobby 25 years ago would bring true bliss to his 9year old. Max is in heaven and I think has looked at almost every single one of those cards. I just hope I can now overlook my counters that have been taken over by card collections.

This is the latest box that was brought home. Does not include the other collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment