Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blast from the past

Ever since the New Year I have been in a major de-junk mode. Everywhere I look I see extra crap, dust and cobwebs. I have decided it was time to start some major deep cleaning. I have been trying to work on an area a day until the whole house is complete. While working in the basement I ran across some pretty old pictures. Here are some of the treasures or not so treasured pictures I found:

This picture is one of my all time favorites. When Nelson and I were in College we became best friends. There is no better best friend than him. We spent a lot of time talking to each other and hanging out on the weekend. I am not sure all the details with this picture but we had been hanging out and were infront of his house and snapped a shot before we jumped out of my car. I am not sure if the picture reminds me of the deep trust and friendship we have, but I have always loved it. Nelson and I were friends for over 2 years before we even started dating.

Oh man is all I have to say. I am not sure how to even explain what this is a picture of. I can tell you I was in High School but other than that I have no clue what I was doing.
When my kids saw the picture they asked if I was dressed in my Halloween costume. No I wish I could say I was, but that is how I looked back in the day. I used to tease Nelson about the glasses he wore when he was younger but it looks like I can't speak. My glasses were rather large and covered half my face as well. My only comment is I am sure glad that styles have changed over the years. It is funny to think what we will say about our current styles twenty years from now.


Ever since I can remember every Monday after our family home evening we went to the Roy Complex to swim. We had some fond memories of the complex and our time spent there. I performed my fair share of belly flops off the diving board as well as the many dreaded laps across the deep end to ensure we really could swim. Most of all I am grateful for my memories of spending time together as a family. Here is my priceless picture of my complex pass (I would say I am about 10)


I can't wait to continue my deep cleaning to see what other treasures I run across. Now I just hope I find some of Asher's Star Wars guys that have been lost for over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment