Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tidbit about me-reading

Those that know me know that I hate to read. I can't even tell you really why. When I was a kid I loved it. I had a book in hand non-stop. Now that I am out of my childhood I no longer have that passion for reading. I have a go, go, go personality and I am sure that has a lot to do with having no desire to sit and read.

In fact four years ago at the beginning of the year I resolved to make myself a better person. One step to accomplishing that was completing a book. I was sure it was going to help me be a little more educated. For three consecutive years that same item made it on my list. Finally at the very end of the third year I concluded that I could not be a quitter. So yes I did read one book.

I have concluded that my attention span can not handle anything over a 2 page chapter. Because of this I have stuck to reading the ensign, scriptures or the children's friend. That is the extent of my reading. But I am completely fine with it, because I benefit in many other ways. Who knows maybe when I am older I will get hooked to the readers digest or other fine reading materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment