Monday, December 13, 2010

Hair

When I was a little girl my mom had to keep our hair short because we had so much hair. If she did not it looked like we were wearing wigs. This is my sisters and I when Lisa & I were 4.


I guess when my head and body finally grew into my hair my mom let our hair grow out. As long as I can remember I have had long hair. Most the time to the middle of my back or longer.
One time in 2nd grade I decided I wanted my haircut to my shoulders. I went with my siblings to my hair appointment and told the hair dresser my mom said I could cut my hair (truth be known I lied, she did not say that). When I came home I think my mom was ready to cry. I could not stop bouncing my head back and forth because I could not believe how bouncy my hair was.
From that point on I have never had short hair. Maybe I was worried I would look funny- who knows why I have not.
Well I am 35 know and I decided to get a little gutsy. Ok I will be honest I had butterflies in my stomach, but I did it. I had my hair cut to my shoulders. I can't say I was as giddy as I was when I was 7 or 8 years old but it was time for a change. I think it will be good for a change. Now we will just see how long it takes my husband to even notice!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks way cute! It's always fun changing things up a bit.
    Cheree

    ReplyDelete