Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Five Years

Five years ago this month we packed up our house in Harrisville and moved our family to our new home in Farr West. We started builing our house June 1st 2005 and moved in two days before Christmas. I remember the mixed feelings I had about moving. I was excited to move to a new home yet sad to leave what we had. We had such a great ward and good friends. We had built so many strong relationships where we were.

If we were to do it again I am not sure I would move that close to Christmas. We moved in two days before and our house was a mess. We did not have a deck on the house, stairs to our porch or a drive way. I kept joking that the neighbors would get the impression that a poor family was moving in. They would think we had ran out of money and that is why we did not have cement. That was not the case we were just lucky enough to build at the time there was a cemement shortage.

I remember the our first day at our new ward was New Years Day. I remember Max our cute 4 year old eating breakfast at the counter just crying. He was upset that he could not go to church because he did not know anyone. It broke my heart and for a short instant I thought what the heck did we just do. We went to our new ward and instantly loved it. We have been so blessed to be surrounded by amazing people both places we have lived. We have great neighbors and so many friends for our kids to interact with. Through this experience I did get a greater understanding that your experiences are what you put into it.

The past 5 years have been filled with so many blessings and growing opportunities.Our basement is turned into a fort more that it is not. We have replaced 3 broken windows, 1 head dent put into the wall and one foot in the wall. We have learned that is what happens when you own a home.

We are so grateful we belong to such a great community and enjoy being able to live where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment