On Monday nights we try to take treats to different people in the neighborhood. A few weeks ago I had felt a prompting to take treats and reaquant ourselves to the people who lived behind us. It took me a time or two to follow through with that prompting. We made pumpkin cookies and headed over to the street behind us. We made a few stops then went to the Bushell's. I know John (the husband) but if I ran into his wife at the store I would not recognize she was my neighbor.
We knocked on their door and they let us in heir entry way. Lily jumped up in my arms next thing I knew she started barfing all over me. I started pushing my way out the door as she pukes all over the entry way, white carpet, front porch and driveway. We found ourselves standing outside completely covered in throw up. We couldn't jump in the car so we found ourselves walking home.
As I was washing the throw up out of my hair I was thinking what bad timing, and that the situation wasn't really ideal. But what do we do? I asked Nelson what we should do, can't really take treats to replace the throw up treats. I ended up calling and apologizing and having a fantastic talk with her. I decided this meeting couldn't have turned out any better. She in turn brought us a big bowl full of juicy apples and Carmel. We a few days later picked bushels of their apples for them and us as well. She in turn brought us a nice apple pie.
This mistake made our exchange greater than it would have been with just a plate of cookies. Grateful for that embarrassing moment and what we gained from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment