Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blessings/Grateful

I am not sure why at this time of year I end up reflecting more on what I have been blessed with and what I am grateful for. I have been blessed with so many wonderful things in my life. The only thing is, I truly wish I used more opportunities the rest of the year to realize my blessings and reflect on what I am grateful for.

On 10/10/10 I decided to write down 10 of my blessings (an idea I got from someone else) I only wish I would have done it sooner. The day before I was beyond beast of the year, to say the least I had a rough day. As I started to write the first blessing I could feel my grumpiness leaving. By time I hit the second I could not help but feel joy. When you start to write what you are grateful for you realize how blessed your life is. I am so glad for the wonderful things I have been blessed with and do truly hope I do better at reflecting on them year round instead of just the holiday season. Here are the ten things I wrote down:

1. Knowledge that I am a child of God.
2. Family- I belong to the best loving family- my family, my kids, and in laws.
3. Health- I have been blessed with health to allow me to do many things.
4. Friends- I have been given the best friends ever and opportunity to be surrounded and blessed by many people.
5. Gospel- ability to be taught and continually blessed by the gospel.
6. Prayer- ability to have open communication and call upon strength at all times
7. Money- blessed with a home and great circumstances.
8. Blessed to live in the time I do.
9. Knowledge- blessed with opportunity to continually learn.
10. Husband- blessed to be married to a great man and sealed in the temple.
11. Challenges- blessed to face challenges to be strengthened and better my attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment