Saturday, October 8, 2011

Absolutely nothing- kid questions

The other day I was doing some work in the kitchen and Max came in to talk to me. I love that he feels comfortable to talk about what ever is on is mind (I hope it stays this way). He says "Mom at my age what does it mean when you ask a girl to go with you?" Of course my head instantly started running crazy with many thoughts such as oh man not this already.

I kept my cool and said well bud at your age you can't date, kiss etc.. so what do you think you really do when you "go with someone" I proceeded to say absolutely nothing. It is more so just a title because as soon as you are "going with someone" you basically ignore each other, never talk and act awkward. We finished our little chat and he went on his way.

Later that night I had a feeling to ask him if he was thinking of asking someone to "go with him" he said "of course not mom, I want them to still talk to me."
Oops I guess I better watch how I explain things to him, but for now it is ok, he is still young. I hope as we get older we can look at this and he will see what it means to go with someone at the age 10- absolutely what I said- nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment