Saturday, October 15, 2011

Max's first Triathalon

Occasionally up at Hill Air Force base they hold different races or triathlons. We try to participate in as many of them as we can. Most of them are free so that even makes it better. This weekend they had a sprint Triathlon (5K, 12 mile bike and 400 meter swim). Nelson and Max decided to participate in it.

I have to be honest but we have not had time to work with him Max on his training so he did not get in much swimming our biking. Asher had a soccer game so I was not able to go. It made me feel bad because Max said "Mom make sure you are there at the end of my race to cheer for me." I wish I was because this is huge accomplishment for him. Nelson was next to him the whole time.
When Max got home his update was that the swim and bike were super fun but the swim was brutal. He said it was fun and he is glad he was able to do it. We will have to work with him more next time so he is a little more prepared.

Here are a few highlights from the TRI- I am super proud of how well he did. Nelson was swimming under him with the camera and we thought it was cool because you can see his number so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment