Seems like our month has been filled with biking to school and homework - tons of homework. Crazy that my 1st grader has a lot more to do than my 5th grade. We then jump in the car and are dashing off to flag football, tumbling, Scouts, Soccer etc...
I am embarrassed to mention that this month I even turned into "one of those crazy moms" over sports. Yes we talked to the coach about how things were not going well. All over flag football, man I guess I may need to chill out a bit.
Here are a few pictures of Max and his team. We have been blessed that he has had great coaches. I do not have any pictures of Asher


Canning has been going well and I do love looking at the finished product sitting on my shelf. The only bad thing is I wish the food could wait a day or two for when I was ready, but that will never happen.
For some reason this month I found myself in a bit of a funk. I am 100% sure it was because I had myself consumed in not all the right things. Whatever it was I was not loving my sad, gloomy feeling. One early morning I asked Nelson for a blessing and in it he said many great things I needed. The thing that he said the most was to study and learn about humility. I knew this was something I needed. In my searching here is a quote I found that I really loved:
"to be humble is to recognize gratefully our dependence on the Lord to understand that we have constant need for his support." Humility and gratitude are twin characteristics of happiness. I am grateful we do have the gospel to help us get out of our gloomy days and most of all give us hope and keep us grounded.
Of course here is the biggest sign that school is in and running full speed. I think this is a typical picture of any kid that spends all day at recess on the monkey bars. We have all had hands looking like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment