Last Summer we saw the idea of a "french fry" tasting contest and we decided to try it. We drove to three different fast food restaurants and only ordered fries. We went to three places close together so the fries would not get cold. As soon as we purchased them all we ran home and started eating. Last year our choices were McDonald's (of course I have little kids), Wendy's and Artic Circle. The kids only had to eat a fry or two before they instantly knew what was their favorite. McDonald's was least favorite, Wendy's and then Artic Circle.
The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. It even worked to my benefit. Ever since we did this the kids never chose to go to McDonald's to eat,they say there are better places to eat.
This summer we decided we had better keep the contest going. Their choices were Warrens and Burger Bar. For a minute there they had a hard time choosing. Then I told them they had to make their decision without the fry sauce-that is hard to do. After a minute it was a hands down win to Burger Bar. The kids re-ranked the fries and here is the new order for best to worse:
Burger Bar, Artic Circle (tied in first), Warrens, Wendy's and McDonald's. We will have to get all the grease out of us before we do this one again. Asher said that in 2013 we are going to have to do a Chicken Nugget contest. I hope I remember.
Way fun. We are waitng to do this on National French Fry day. We will have to compare our results. I missed ya at the TRI, it was good to see Nelson. In fact I just posted a few pics of him. We need to get together. - Diana
ReplyDelete