Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Happenings (June)

I have had a hard time keeping up with what has been going on for the month. For some reason I thought life would slow down a bit with the summer but I have been proven wrong. June has been fun. We have gotten in plenty of playing mixed with a good share of chores. Here is what has been going on:

We were very blessed to be invited to a birthday celebration for Travis Poll. It was the one year anniversary of his passing with his birthday following the next day. It was a neat time being with the family celebrating Travis. We love them so much and feel very blessed to be their friends. They have been such examples of faith, courage and strength to me and my family. Needless to say when we sang happy birthday nothing more than the word happy came out of my mouth. Couldn't sing through the tears.


After a year we finally finished the kids fort in the back yard. The fort has been functional over the year but was never complete. We finally got all the brown trim and the front door put on. To us the fort is complete, but for some reason we don't have the kids on the same page as us. They are thinking that we now need to add a rock climbing wall and a crows nest. That may have to be next years project. It is time to move on and get something else completed. Here is the finished product.

We finally walked into a Krispy Kreme donut store for the first time in our lives. I am not a huge fan of donuts so have never really had a need to go to the donut store. We heard it was fun to go watch how the donuts were made so we decided to take a little trip. It was really cool watching the process the donuts go through. My kids loved it. They stayed there at the window for over thirty minutes watching the whole process. Even if I am not in love with donuts it was pretty neat. Max did think it was an added bonus that he got to eat 3 donuts that day. We won't be having a repeat of that too often, he ended up with a sugar overload.

Max had a little Birthday party for a few hours so we loaded up the bikes and headed to the mountains with Asher. It was his first time mountain biking and he did great. He scared me a bit on the down hills. He went as fast as he could and then would hit his brakes. Brakes and lose gravel are not the best combination. I was sure he was going to biff it. Good thing he did not on his first biking trip because I am not sure we would get him back out if he did. He had a great time and admitted he loved the downhills much more than going uphill. This is Asher and I up above Rainbow Gardens

Nelson was able to participate in another Olympic Triathlon at Hill Air Force Base. He has not been training for the swim but decided to go do it anyway. Luckily he is in good shape and is a good swimmer. He ended up doing great and enjoyed it. We usually go watch him but were not able to this time. I was sad not to be there to support him. Our good friends Kent and Diana were there and he was able to meet up with them and chat after the race. You can tell he just finished he looks a little tired. So glad I have a husband that loves to be active


The beginning of the month we did a little stay cation and went to Park City. We spent the day doing the things the kids wanted to do. Just wish we would have taken the camera to capture the fun at the alpine slides and coaster. It was crazy seeing all the snow on the mountain yet way fun riding the ski lift to the top, talking to the kids and enjoying the day. Here is Asher and I waiting to go on the slide:

No comments:

Post a Comment