Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our 12 year Anniversary


Twelve years ago Nelson and I were married in the Bountiful Temple. It is crazy how things change over the years. When we were first married you think you are so in love but never realize/comprehend how much more that love is going to grow. It is amazing how much my love has grown for Nelson. I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.
Over the years much more than our love has changed. Our challenges, our growth in the gospel, our family, our HAIR COLOR and waistlines have changed. One thing for sure is that we still love to spend time together. This is Nelson and I in bear lake 3 years after marriage (looking pretty close to the same)

I have noticed that as the time has gone by we sure have to work harder to spend time together. Back in the beginning it seemed we had all the time in the world. Now it seems we have so many more things pulling at our time and our family. We have had to put more effort into spending time. As I have told the kids it is not always the quantity but the quality. Us with our cute family on Christmas (big difference from 12 yrs ago)

I am so grateful for the changes and journeys we have had over the years. It has made our life all the better. For our Anniversary we went to the Bountiful Temple to do sealings. When we were married the sealer encouraged us to return each year on our anniversary. I am embarrassed to admit this is the first year we ever have returned on our Anniversary. In my opinion it was the best thing we could do. It is amazing the love you feel in the temple. After we went to dinner. It is always nice to get to spend time just the 2 of us, it does not happen to often. Later is when I had the brilliant idea to sleep in the garage. OK so I am never going to live this one down- not the best idea on the night of our anniversary. Oops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment