This year ended up being my worse run ever. I ended up having a hard time on the run and could not pull out a good time. Nelson and his friend Tyler ran together and had a great run. They got 1:45. I was so proud of them, but a little jealous. I really wanted that time or better, oh well there is next year.
Since we were both running we did not get any pictures of the race. We took these off the race website.
This is Nelson and Tyler at the finish line. Nelson slowed up so Tyler could go in ahead of him. Tyler realized what he was doing and pushed him through the finish line. I am not sure I have seen many people smiling like this at the end of a race. I love that Nelson has such a good friend and great running buddy.
Me on the parkway finishing up my run- about 1 1/2 miles left.
Max was a little bummed because he wanted to do the 5k so bad. We could not let him because we did not want our 9 year old hanging out in Ogden by himself. Good thing there are other races he can do. He and Asher ended up running the kids k and had fun doing it.
Max & Asher with their cousin Tanner before the race:

The kids after their race. They loved the bell medals they received.

I ended up running a bit of the run with Asher. He was so funny because when I caught up with him he was telling on Max. He was bugged that Max was running as fast as he was. We keep talking to them about pacing themselves but Asher did not agree with Max was doing. It all worked out. They both ran fast and were able to run the whole thing without walking. It was fun to run next to Asher

Nelson's sister Betsy was down there running her first 5k. It was fun to get a picture of all of us together.

A picture of our family after the fun day. So glad to have our family together participating in such a fun day!!
It was so good to see you near the finish line! You must be crazy, I saw your half marathon time and it was awesome! You just must have one of those personalities...never satisfied. Takes one to know one, I guess! :) I hope it works out for us to get together tonight, I'm going to try my hardest! Love ya! You guys are such great friends!!
ReplyDelete