Spring Break this year was scheduled for a week over Conference Weekend and Easter Weekend. I learned it was a long break and I need to gear up for fun things to do in the Summer to help avoid Summer boredom.
With Nelson's current church calling he does not have a lot of vacation time. I wish he had more time off so we could go and play as a family. So for the first part of the week the kids and I went and played as much as we could. We visited a few different parks, went ice blocking, which was a first for some of the people with us, and visited the Airplane Museum. We had a great break and had fun spending time with each other.
Museum-
Later in the week we decided to take the kids on a little get away to Salt Lake. We did not have much time to go far so decided we could have fun in Salt Lake. We got a hotel and went and visited some of the places we don't go to often. We started the night off at the new City Creek Shopping Center. Of course the kids gravitated to the water and had a ball playing.
The next day we purchased a Salt Lake Connect pass and hit some of our favorite spots.
First stop- Discovery Gateway
We don't go here often and now I know why. It was jam packed with kids. The kids had a blast hanging out, Max on the rock climbing wall
You can interpret Nelsons face however you want in this photo,and no I did not let a stinker:
We then headed to the Hansen Planetarium and watched an IMax show. Let's just say I had a good nap, it was one of the worst movies I have seen in my life.
Of course a trip to gateway can not be complete without over an hour spent in build a bear. Kids were able to spend their own money and buy themselves a new pet.
We then headed up to spend sometime at the zoo. We could not have picked a better day to go. There were about 40 other visitors in the park and the day was slightly overcast. It turned out perfect.
Yep!! not hard to figure out that my family fit in just perfect here!
Max and Asher hanging out in the Giraffe house. They were not too fond of the smell.
We tried the shot of Nelson and i one more time. Not sure this one turned out any better.
Our day was then topped off with dinner at the Lion House Pantry. All of this was included in the card we purchased (except Build a bear). Yes we ran the kids ragged. They had a good day but were pretty tired when it was all said and done. It was a fun way to spend time together and get away from the hustle and bustle of our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment