I swear I have fallen off the blogger planet. Have not had much motivation to blog about life, believe me there has been plenty. Here are some highlights:
For some reason Asher has a major obsession with rain. He loves being in it and getting down right soggy in it. I guess we all had that love at one point or another in our childhood, I sure did. I would twirl around under my umbrella as long as my mom would let me. The first rain storm we had this year left Asher a little disappointed. As I headed out for our walk I found him moving huge buckets full of water and dumping them down the gutter. If we did not get enough rain, he was going to create it. But the night finally came and Asher was able to get as soaked as his heart was content. He was a little disappointed that his rain jacket did not keep him 100% dry. He was wanting that thing to perform miracles while he played and played in the down pouring rain on ofcourse the soaking wet tramp.
Windows:
A house would not be a house without it's fair share of damage. Believe me we have had our share. This is officially our 4th window break since we have lived in Farr West. Good news this is actually the first time one of my own children caused the damage. First time was by Nelson and a wiffle golf ball and the other two- neighbor kids.
As we were mowing the lawn I asked Max to pick up the baseball off the grass (one of the many objects that were just laying around). As I continued to mow I heard an extremely load noise (over the lawn mower) yes one did not even have to guess what happened. Max thought it would be a good time to try to see if he could get the ball over the house. Instead it went through the living room window. Good thing for us it is just a window and stuff like this happens. Extra good news is we have 2 great glass guys that are always there to bail us out in times like these.
The broken window (4th time)- Luckily this time I remembered to get a picture
Crazy Hair day
The kids had crazy hair day and ofcourse are always glad to participate. Asher for some reason knew exactly what he wanted. For some reason he wanted ponytails in the shape of an X. Then he could put his head down and tell his friends they had found the treasure- "see X marks the spot" he would say. Not sure where he comes up with this stuff, but it sure is cute. Glad the boys are willing to be involved and not embarrased what others may think.
New play spot
The kids have found their new loved play spot. Unfortunately it is as high as the ceiling- up on top of our built in entertainment center. They spent hours up their reading, eating and just down right playing. It was like they had just created their own indoor fort and had such a blast hanging out in it. Unfortunately I had to put the wall scaling fort playing business to an end. When I caught them jumping off of the top of the entertainment center I decided it was time to be done. That is the last thing we need- more injury. So here is to a short lived play spot!!
Believe me I have definitely felt the comfort and strength from a loving Father in Heaven. I know he is very mindful of me and my family and we are extremely blessed. I have strengthened a deeper love for fasting and know it is real. We are truly blessed by many friend, family and the gospel.
Gotta love your fun and exciting boys! Can't believe the broken window...crazy.
ReplyDelete