Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conference traditions

Two times a year right before conference I always have such big ambitions. I am convinced I am going to search all the cute websites to find "Fun Conference Packets." I am on the search for the cutest thing to help keep the kids listening during General Conference. No fail, each time, I fall short. My intentions don't go very far without action.

This Conference was no different. I woke up Sunday morning a little disappointed I let time get ahead of me and once again forgot to pull together a packet. When Asher woke up he came running in our room and said "Mom, can we do our notebooks again for conference". Perfect, I thought, why sure yes you can. Each conference the kids get a notebook and draw a picture of the tie of the person speaking.
After conference I came to the conclusion there is no reason to worry and put such high expectations. The kids enjoy what we have been doing and they are still listening. I think from here on out I will just stick with our normal tradition.

Completed Conference Notebook:

It was great to be taught during General Conference. I loved all that was said. The only sad note about conference is I was singing with the choir and my whole family instantly told me to stop. I jokingly told them that I had dreams to be in the Mormon Tabernacle choir and they advised not to even bother. Now if you are reading this and thinking oh how mean- it really isn't. I have no singing abilities and I just learned a little more how awful I really sound. So I guess my dreams of joining a choir are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment