Saturday, April 16, 2011

Terms of Endearment

When I married into the Bowen family I caught on that when someone was leaving or at the end of a call they would say: See Ya, Love Ya, Goodbye. I had never heard it before, but it sure is catchy and becomes a routine to say. The other day I was thinking a bit of the this and other ways we say love you. I learned that with the Bowen's, this whole things started Nelson's sister Betsy. At some points it even became a game to see who could say it first and most of all the fastest (with still getting all of it in).

Lately I have noticed when Nelson or someone else says love you Max and I have been responding with Luv. Who knows if that is our families new little way or if it is just pure laziness to say the whole thing.
No matter what way we say it, I am just grateful I have people in my life to love and be grateful for. The only time it is awkward is when I am ending a call to a neighbor or stranger and end up saying love ya. Oops that is a little embarrassing, but it really shouldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment