Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Sorry Syndrome

About a month ago I was in Winco picking up a few groceries. When I was checking out the cashier, a complete stranger, said "You sure say sorry a lot." I kind of blew her off thinking what-ever she does not know me- I don't say "sorry" too much. Well as the days have gone by and other things happened I have realized I really do say sorry way to much.

I believe it is a good word and a great ability to be able to say sorry (not all people can do that). But I do think that word has been embedded in my brain for so many years that I use it more than I really think. There are other issues than that as well.

I do have to admit I am that person that worries if I inconvenience anyone. I don't want anyone to have to go out of their way for me. Nor do I want to put them out with the things I may need help with. For some reason I really do worry about this a lot. Because of these worries, I do say sorry a lot. It is hard for me to realize that people truly do want to help out and actually let them.

I know the sorry syndrome is not a real thing, but it is my self diagnosed issue. It is something I need to work on. Hopefully admitting it will be the first step. Next step will be to try not to worry about it so much. Since with help I diagnosed myself, we will see if I can end up curing myself!! Ha ha. I am sure this will be a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment