For some reason the word "Habit" has been on my mind the last couple of days. I can't help to wonder how and why I in a way submatoge myself by getting out of good habits. Why I at times fall out of decent work-out routines, ok scripture reading, eating habits, waking up early and the list goes on and on. I only know when I do fall out of some of these habits I feel the big blah!! So why do we do this to ourselves and how do I get out.
I decided since the word habit was on my mind a bit I was going to read a few things about it. A lot of what I saw was breaking a bad habit. I am sure there are plenty of those I need to work on, but that is not what I have been thinking about.
Something I just read says " Work. Work. Work. A habit—good or bad—is something we have practiced over and over until it becomes second nature. It will take work. So I guess I will just go to work on some of the things I need to improve. So when I run 7 miles, or when my alarm goes off at 5:30 A.M. I don't feel like I am going to die. Or when I want to shove a ton of junk food in my mouth I can work on doing better. This will not be something that will just be instantly conquered and then wiped off my to do list. I am aware it will just be a constant thing I need to work at.
No comments:
Post a Comment