Sunday, January 23, 2011

It has been awhile

It has been awhile since I last updated on the blog. We have still been busy but just did not feel like we had a ton to post on. Here are a few random things that have been going on:
I am coming to realize that before I know it my little buddy that runs errands with me is going to be gone. He will be in all day school in the fall and I will be doing errands on my own. I am 100% sure Asher will be grateful for this day, but I on the other hand am going to be super sad. We have enjoyed some great conversations. In fact just this week I learned that he can't wait to be in 3rd, 4th, 5th of 6th grade. I asked why and that is when he told me- in those grades is when you meet all the way cute girls. Then he later proceeded to tell me all the girls who are in love with him in Kindergarten. I know you are the thinking the same as me- oh man I am in trouble. We did have a little chat that no one should be in love with him now- they are all just friends. I sure enjoy my little chats with Asher and am never surprised at the things that come out of his mouth.
Asher- playing with his fuzzoodles


About a week ago Nelson has the opportunity to buy some lockers from work. We decided to buy them and turn around and sell them for a little profit. Our garage was soon filled with 24 banks of lockers. It has turned into a bit of a project cleaning them etc.. The kids have loved it. Yes they do have to do their share of cleaning but these have turned into a great toy for them. They have had many hours of hide and seek. They find great joy in locking each other in the lockers. When one is in the locker the other gets a metal rod and sticks it through the latch. Making it so they can't get out. They just laugh and then eventually let the other out. They have mastered how to get out from the inside. Hope this skill won't come in handy in Junior High- hope they are not ones that are locked into their lockers (Nelson was when he was younger).

No comments:

Post a Comment