I have always enjoyed working out, but probably 3 to 4 years ago I picked up running again with my sister and some friends. It first just started out casual and a form of exercise. It has since been used to push my self a little harder to see what I really can accomplish. I don't race a ton just because I would rather put the money towards something I want instead.
I have enjoyed my time running and the many lessons I have learned from it. We run early so we can be home before our kids are up. This allows for some pretty quite mornings. I have often been able to look at the stars in the sky and reflect on all the wonderful things I have been blessed with in my life. Always gives me a better perspective and definitely helps me start my day off right.
I have definitely had hard times in my runs as well. We all run into mental blocks and have to figure out how to get through them. I have figured out how far I can push myself as well. One day while reading the new era I ran across a quote that said "To appreciate the height, you have to experience the bottom". That is so true with all life experiences. I can definitely relate it to my running experiences the most. To appreciate the good runs I do have to have the other runs that challenge and push me to be better.
My twin sister Lisa runs marathons (she has done 2). The best part of running for me has been meeting her at mile 22 or 23 and helping her finish her race. I am not sure why I say it is my favorite because in my honest opinion that is when the runner is at their worse- the are struggling. I have enjoyed being able to meet her and help her finish her long hard journey. What a big accomplishment for her. This is Lisa in her first Marathon in Ogden - 2009. At this point we are right by the finish line. Good thing because she looks beat.
This is me after the Ogden Half Marathon 2010 with my family. 
I am definitely grateful for the health I have that allows me to enjoy running. This year Max has started asking to be involved in running 5ks. It has been fun to be apart of that with him.

No comments:
Post a Comment