Sunday, February 14, 2010

Road Bumps

In a way I can’t believe I am putting this information on here. This year I experienced a few things that I would rather not have to experience. I feel like I am a pretty friendly, nice, easy going person. This year I found out that I had offended two different people. I had an extremely hard time with this. No one likes to hear they are doing things wrong and I felt like I had been a pretty good person. I even got to a point that I started worrying that with me being the bishop’s wife who else did I offend?
I cried and prayed a ton during this time. I did not know what to do because I had never gone through this. Seems weird at thirty four this still happens, but I have realized that it can happen all the way until I die. Anyways with lots of prayer and help from Heavenly Father I knew what I needed to do.
I had to put trust in Heavenly Father and realize that things will work out the way they need to. I know I needed to go through this experience for a reason. The adversary would have me doubt myself and say I give up (which at one point or another I did think all this) but I know that is not what I needed to do.
I heard a talk given by President Monson at the Women’s broadcast which was exactly what I needed. In it he says a picture does not show who we really are. He said it is the inside, our willingness to serve etc that makes us who we are. It was then that I realized that people may see me one way but it was the actions of what I was doing that really counted. Helped me remember that I need to make sure my actions are speaking louder than my words in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment