While I was spring cleaning I ran across some stories that were written by my parents. I was not sure if they really belonged on my blog, but did not know where else to put them. They are a lot like the rock climbing story- I did not want it to be lost. Here is the story told by my mom:
One day when Laura and Lisa were 3 years old their dad came home from work fro lunch and while he was eating these two sweet little busy girls went outside to play and decided to drive dad's car. After climbing in the car and taking it out of gear the car rolled down our very steep driveway, across the road, jumped the curb of our neighbors yard, went between 2 trees and over a large rock. Very luckily both girls were safe and upon jumping out of the car cried " I promise I will never drive dads car again."
Here is the story told by my dad:
Big wheels were an excitement when Laura and Lisa were growing up. Their driveway was perfect for it too. They could get at the top and on their big wheels fly down the driveway and out to the road. The big challenge besides staying upright on the big wheel was to be able to stop quickly. This they learned to solve by dragging their toes. This was hard on shoes and toes too. Bandages were not an in frequent adornment for their feet. But it was fun for them anyway and well worth the price and pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment