Sunday, May 1, 2016

Daughters of Faith camp

This year I was called in my our stake president John Watson. He asked me to be in charge of a three stake daughters of faith camp. What the what😝???i definitely did not feel fit for the call. I felt completely inadequate to set up a camp for the amazing youth of today. The youth today are so valiant and so strong. What did I have to offer these amazing girls.
I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. So many different opportunities for growth and feeling the spirit. My natural self had already pre thought how things should go but nothing happened that way at all. I received gentle whisperings from the spirit all the time guiding me and directing me to the things that were truly meant to be. I know I was guided by the spirit of who was suppose to be part of the planning and preparing. It was amazing the talents each person brought and added to the camp.
The temple was An amazing blessing to me. I spent at least two times a week in the temple trying to be still and listen to the Holy Ghost. So many unanswered questions were answered in the quietness of the temple.
Our overall goal was to have a camp where the girls were the ones conducting and leading everything. Our goal was that people would not even know we were the leaders as we knew the girls were capable of leading and directing. This happened and we know this only happened through and because of our loving savior who was aware and had his hand in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment