Today Nelson and I prepared to go to the final trial for Brandon Sanchez (the girls dad). We had both been subpoenaed to testify against him. I was super nervous, I went to the bathroom about 4 times. Although I was nervous I knew I would be ok and say what I needed to. Before we went we fasted the girls would be able to receive permenancy and be able to move on with them life. They had been dealing with this for 2 years.
The moms rights were terminated two weeks prior. We went and visited her in jail. Bit of an uncomfortable feeling for me, it is not an environment I am familiar nor comfortable with.
We sat in the waiting room just waiting and w aiting. The dad hadn't showed up. Court started and he still was not there. They started the trial without him and we were all sworn in. I remember wondering if he would show up.
Trial started and they discussed all the evidence. The evidence was given and the judge gave his final decision. He determined the dads rights would be terminated and the girls would live in our home. The judge gave counsel that we need to do our part to include the grandparents. They do not deserve to be cut off due to other people's decision.
We left the place in complete shock in what had just happened. Throughout the rest of the day we had so many emotions including:
- pure gratitude- so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father for answering prayers and for her plans.
- humbled by the love and service that was shown to us by ward and family members.
- sadness- I was upset and sad beacause where one person wins there is someone that ones out sad. My heart ached for Brandon and the loss he went through. He had to tell people he lost his kids.
I was aching for the girls for their loss. No matter what the decision was there would be a loss.
Such a roller coaster of emotions with the whole experience. So grateful for this trial and learning experience we have gained.
When we told the girls that night they cried. They were sad to know their dad could not do his part. We hope and pray for peace And for everyone involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment