Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bearing burdens (Laura story)

Right after the girls left our home my twin sisters husband left her, decided he no longer wanted to be married to her.  For the past two months I have been helping my sister bear one of the hardest trials ever. Her marriage was failing and she was really struggling.
She needed someone to talk to, to cry to many times a day. I was that person for her. For a few months she bore this burden on her own. Since I have known I knew I was suppose to bear this with her. I had that confirmAtion and can fully see the lords hand in helping me see that. He has buoyed me up to be able to listen to her sadness many times a day. To just listen and reassure her until she was ready to go.
It had helped me reflect on the time with the girls. The number of people who jumped in on a regular basis to bear that burden with us. To call and offer words of support among many other things.
I have a firm testimony and strengthened renewal of the baptismal covenant and importance of bearing others burdens. We are given the strength and put in positions to lift and support in times when that person can't. I am grateful for this lesson and for being on both sides- helping and being helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment