A blog I recently read talked about creating a word for yourself to basically describe your goals. I decided it was a good idea and in one second thought of the word that would fit me best this year.................
FOCUS
This basically sums up a lot of resolutions I want to work on for 2012. For example, when I have a lot going on I catch self making a to do list from my to do list- really? Then I just run around starting 5 different things really never focusing on one. If I would just focus and complete one before I started another, I could get a lot more done.
Often in my running, when it gets tough I catch myself wanting to just quit or mentally saying it is tough. There have been a few I wonder why I even run. If I would just "focus" on my destination/goal it would help me get through those "walls" that I run into and help me be better.
With all spiritual aspects in life, it would benefit me greatly if I would just "focus" on what matters most. So as for now "Focus" is the word I am going to work on for 2012.
On a side note- Since having the girls in our house a number of our appliances etc.. in our house have broken. We are building a new room in the basement, had to replace a computer, fix a vacuum, dryer, faucet etc.... Beginning of 2012 I did learn I am not as agile and young as I used to be. As usual our house was filled with the dozen kids that always meet and hang out. The kids had the bean bag at the bottom of the stairs and where jumping into it. On one of my journeys to the basement to get supplies for dinner I told the kids it was my turn to jump. I even thought in my head -make sure you dive down so you don't smack your head. It appears I am not that talented because my head smacked the dropped part of the ceiling. As I lay in the bean bag with a pounding head and kinked neck I saw pieces of the ceiling on the floor. I instantly realized this venture went bad, fast. Not only will my neck and back pay for my decision, but now my husband will be repairing the ceiling I cracked with my head. I think from now on I will retire my bean bag jumping skills. I used to be a master when I was younger.
No comments:
Post a Comment