Monday, November 30, 2015

My Temple experiences (Laura)

This Year I made it a goal to go to the newly opened Ogden Temple 5-6 times a month. I am in a position that the kids are at school and I have a bit of free time. If I can make it to work out daily I figured I should make it a priority to hit the temple multiple times a month.
I have loved being in the temple. I text Nelson every time I leave saying did I tell ya how much I love the temple. O go the same day 4 x of the month so I have gotten familiar with a lot of the workers.  I feel like we are friends. It is crazy because when I go other days I feel as if the people should know me, but they don't.
I have had many amazing experiences in the temple that I will forever be grateful of.  Some of them include:
* In Feb I went to a session, I was talking to a lady who was from out of town on business travel with her husband. She told me how she lived 45 minutes out of Bryce Canyon and that the closest temple was Manti. She had a two hour drive= WOW. In that session I saw 3 older men- one was blind, one in a wheel chair and on 80 + years old. As I sat and watched men help them I started to cry. Two things hit me that day:
1.  I truly never have to sacrifice to be to the temple.
2.  Amazing to see the Christ like love and generosity that people show to help others out.

* Another time in February I went to do initiatories and it was so dead no one was there. I committed right then to go through again since I always pray to have it not so busy, it was so worth my time as I love the work we do in the temple.

* In August I had the chance to go clean the temple. It was exactly what I needed. I was cleaning the basement with friends. We had to clean the laundry room. It was exactly what I needed. It was big and had lots of tables and commercial washers/dryers and tons and tons of bins that needed cleaning. The work seemed never ending. I had been feeling overwhelmed about my load at home and this scene put everything into perspective for me.

* In August I was at the temple for my Nephew Logan's endowments.  In the middle of the movie with Adam and Eve the water in the background stuck out to me.  I had a sudden impression that is how I need to be, more calm in my life. Stay calm no matter what situation I am with my kids.

* I am shooting to go to the temple 52 times this year once I hit that goal I will keep pushing. It has been so amazing to feel the spirit. I absolutely love the temple. Today for some reason I cried the whole time I was in initiatories. Not sure if it was pain or just the spirit that touched me and made me so grateful for my temple covenant.

* In September I was asked to speak at Stake Conference and was completely overwhelmed and scared.  I felt complete peace to know I was on temple grounds and my happy place was right next door. 
I am so grateful for the impression I had at the beginning of the year to increase my attendance in the temple as it has completely strengthened me.

No comments:

Post a Comment