It is so hard to believe that we have already completed one month of our Summer break. I have a feeling it is going to go way to fast, yet with 4 kids in the house there are days that it seems to drag. Yes in the summer we play non-stop. If you ask Nelson he would say we play too much. Here are a few highlights from our first month:
- Me- I have loved that half the time I don't even know the date and that the kids never match. The fun playing days of summer allow you to do that. Believe it or not I actually read a book. For my birthday this month I asked my sister to get me the book Heaven is Here. I know everyone about passed out that I actually asked for a book. The bigger shocker is that I actually read it, and mostly enjoyed it. (Yes I admit I did catch myself skipping a bit, for some reason I still can't sit still that long to read, but I did it.)
- The Family- I have to admit at the beginning of the summer we make a "Summer to do List" and go a little overboard. I think this year we ended up with 45 things to accomplish. Each year we have yet to accomplish all of them. But we have been able to enjoy a few trips to get air (kids favorite), hiking to waterfall, biking to the overpasses and jumping up and down until the semis honk, swimming, running and the fun archery competitions. They were hosting the Olympic Archery Qualifiers at the fairgrounds this month. Max asked to go watch them. We were able to go over a few times, even though we did not know much of the rules, we enjoyed watching it.
-Willard- The kids have been asking to go swim and play at Willard. Not necessarily the cleanest place to go play, but oh well. So we loaded them up and headed out.
Asher- not much more needs said about that-
- Quilt- For the past few years I have been saving up the boys old sport jerseys and some of their favorite shirts in hopes to make a quilt. We have worked on it here and there for the past few months and now I am glad to say this month it was finally completed. I need to admit that there is no way this quilt would have been completed with out the help of my awesome mom. The kids have loved taking turns wrapping up and sleeping with their blanket.
- Asher- Glad to report that we were finally able to get Asher a new suit. I am glad we can replace the one he has been wearing for the last year. There is a bit of a storey behind the suit coat he has on in the picture below. Last year I went to the DI in pursuit of the best suit coat for his homemade Mad Hatter Halloween costume. I found this green tweed one and snatched it up in hopes I could dye it and make it look how I needed it to. Nelson later told me it was not going to work. If I would have known that Asher was going to beg to wear it I would have looked a littler harder. This jacket has been one of his favorites (not mine, but that is ok)
I needed to add one more thing about Asher. Just the other day he came to me and said "Mom I seriously need to be put into counseling" With the girls in our home, counseling is a thing they really need right now. I smiled at him and asked why. he said "can't you see i am a mess, look at me last night, I was crying like crazy." Yes he was but it doesnt help that bed time has been after 10 most the summer. Oh the fun that the fun lazy days of summer brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment