At the beginning of the month we were able to get together with our friends from Nelson's high school. Unfortunately we don't see them enough but love getting together with them.- Christmas 2011

Christmas atleast 12 years ago, makes me sad to see how the dynamics of the group have changed. We really miss having Travis with us

We were able to take the girls to the lights at Temple square for their first time as well as enjoy the company of some great neighbors. The kids always love riding the Trax and enjoy the spirit of Salt Lake.
We were able to watch Max in his choir performance. Their choir teachers put a lot of time into this and the program turned out great. Max has loved being involved in choir. He was even able to do a dance and of course it was cool to him because he was paired up with the girl he thinks is cute. For some reason I am not a fan of Christmas music, I don't really like it. But listening to little kids sing I do enjoy.
We are blessed for Max to have one of the best school teachers this year. She goes above and beyond for those kids. Each Christmas season their family turn their barn into a Nativity for 3 mondays of the month. Max really wanted to go and be apart of it. I very selfishly insisted the exact day hoping since it was closer to Christmas it would help me get in the spirit. Our journey did not start out so great. By time we backed out of the garage and were in the driveway 3 out of 4 kids were crying and Max was screaming lets just stay home. I laughed the whole way we drove because of the circus I often feel like we are living in. I still insisted we go since it was the plan for us to feel "the christmas spirit". Maybe I should have given in, but it turned out great and the kids loved it. The teacher let the kids be involved in the live nativity. The kids loved every minute of it. I have been humbled this year to see all the selfless giving people have been doing to help bless others lives.
Asher and Lily waiting for it to start, Max as Joseph and Asher as a shepherd
My oldest brother Mike lives in Iowa so we don't get to see them often. My nephew Cameron has always wanted to surround himself with family. It has always meant a lot to him. So when it was time for him and his wife to be sealed in the temple he chose to come to Utah for many reasons, but being with family was one of the biggest. Although they could have saved 15 hours each way in the car and gone to Navuoo they chose to come out. We were blessed to be apart of it. Yet again, that was another thing I needed this season. Sitting still in the temple was what I needed to remind me all the small day to day things are not what matter. The peace of the gospel and temple blessings is where it really is at. We were glad we were able to spend the day with them as well as introduce the girls to the temple.
After the temple we were able to celebrate Christmas with the family. My mom official received her first electronic device (other than a cell phone). She is now the proud owner of a Kindle Fire.
Last but not least on Christmas Eve day were loaded up and headed to Pine View dam to skate on the ice. The elements outside were perfect. Because it was so good the dam was a little freaky. The ice was so clear you could see all the way down to the bottom. You could see fish, rocks etc.. It was a little spooky but super fun. I am glad we took the break and got away. The whole family loved every minute of it.
The day before Christmas I had someone tell me they have enjoyed watching me have my hands full. I will be the first to admit, yes I do have my hands full. But, I am thankful for those "hands full" moments that help me learn, be stronger and most of all strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I am truly blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment