Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oregon

My family consists of 2 parents and 7 kids. Getting together with the whole family is fun, chaotic and does not happen as much as we would like it to. I have two brothers who live out of state, it makes it harder for us to get together as much as we would like. Our family does a thing that every 2 years we go on a family trip together. This year was my brother Greg's turn and he planned Oregon (that is where he lives). We all drove out to the coast to spend a few days with them. I am so glad we could I have never been to the Coast and it was amazing.

This is us on the drive there. I am not much of a car traveler. If I have something to organize I do ok. I also do ok if I can talk, but Nelson loves looking at the scenery. Good thing the kids travel better than I do. The kids played picture scavenger hunts with the camera. It was fun. I was a little worried we were going to cause a wreck with Max trying to take pictures of the drivers next to us. They kept looking over trying to figure out what he was doing. On the way there we stopped at an awesome waterfall.






















We stayed in beach houses on the coast. While we were there we were able to go to some tide pools. It was awesome to see the different Sea life that was hanging out on the rocks. The kids favorite part was the crabs that they found and got to hold on to. In fact a few of the girls were convinced they were taking theirs home for their pets. Let's just say that did not happen like they thought it would. While at the tide pools we went through some lighthouses. Below is a picture of all the kids bothering the poor worker. They kept telling him he was Joe Jonas and asking for his autograph. I am sure the kid was so glad when we left.










We went down to some shops and were able to see a bunch of sea lions just hanging out. This is Max and his normal crazy facial poses. This is a picture of my whole family minus 1 nephew (we missed you Josh). I love being with my family.









We spent many hours on the beach building castles, looking for crabs, skim boarding (which by the way I am really bad at),walking, picking up seashell and having bon fires. The guys were able to bring their bikes and go on a few rides. I am so glad we were able to spend this time with my family. Max even let the girls paint his nails, now he is not so proud of that but it is ok it was just for fun.










This is Asher after getting his foot on some of the coral. He did not care for that much. My dad and Nelson tried making a bandage out of seaweed. Then he spent a good part of the day being buried in the sand by his cousins-


No comments:

Post a Comment